Thursday, October 13, 2011

Try

So, we did the high bar in gym today. I knew that I would probably fail, but I had to try. Turns out that I would do more than fail. I would also pull a neck muscle. I was excused from doing the high bar again. So, my friend thought we should try the balance beam. I had fallen off before I even stood up on the first day, and at that point gym was over. So, I did it. I was didn't want to, but I decided I'd try. Sadly, I pulled another neck muscle. Don't ask me how I manage to do that, I just do.

Both the high bar and the balance beam are examples of where I tried and failed. Yet there are times when I tried and did good. And sometimes you think you failed, but you had a good experience and passed something. Take my younger sister Mary as an example...

Mary is more shy than I am(though at this point she has many friends in school). I would never expect her to do something like go on stage. Much less with one person. Yet she is going to do just that for Forensics if they get enough judges(so volunteer Ocean Township Intermediate School moms!) and she'll do it with only her friend there with her. One person. I'm so proud of my sister and how, even if she forgets a line and stumbles, she still would have tried. Going on stage is a tremendous thing for her to do. So, she'll pass in doing that. She won't fail.

Now, for today's goal I'd appreciate you all telling me a time when you tried or a time when you're going to try. It doesn't matter if you passed or failed. As long as you tried. Heck, even I tried and failed more than the times mentioned above. So, please do it! It's not mandatory, as I've said before, but I would appreciate it.

-Melody
      -This is ME
-Who are you?                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment