Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Regrets

So, today I didn't really do much. I took many pictures, all of which inspired me to perhaps pursue a career in photography. (I want as many careers as possible open to me in case I can't find a job in one) So far I am looking at photographer, lawyer(though it's REALLY low on my list), website designer(I'm studying HTML and CSS now), writer, and voice actor for anime(Japanese Cartoons)

Well, what you may or may not know is that I am someone who remembers something for a long time after it happens. So, if I have a regret I need to speak my mind. I have one regret that has bugged me for an entire year. Yeah, I have the memory of an elephant.

So, I'll tell you my regret and, as my request for this post, I would love it if you could post what your biggest regret is. Go ahead, put an asterik(*) next to names you changed so as to conceal privacy(I'll do the same thing since mine includes people from my school) And remember, it's optional to do this.

My biggest regret occurred last year. I was sitting on the bus on the ride home, not socializing since it was almost my stop and I was quite new at Ocean Township Intermediate school(I was a homeschooled Texan, what can you expect?) I was never good at socializing and I didn't have many friends. My one friend was Alice*. We had one class together and talked every morning. I was really happy to have her as a friend.
Anyway, on the bus ride home some girls from my neighborhood were talking about Alice* in front of me. They were talking badly about how she sung. Since I was never good at socializing, I was also bad at standing up for myself and others. And I had only been in public school for a while. Not really enough time to gain a backbone. So, I didn't stand up to them and tell them to stop making fun of her behind her back. I wanted desperately to tell them to stop, and I had a sick feeling in my stomach as I got off the bus. I had failed to tell them off(I don't cuss, so I would have just lectured them, I guess)
You would think that I would be okay after the end of last year when they were making fun of her original song. I told them to just shut up about it already. When they replied "No!' I called them what I had been thinking of them since near the beggining of the year.
"Snobs!" I shouted at the three.
Yet at the start of this year, the girl that was making fun of Alice* while she was in my grade acted as if nothing had happened last year. As if they hadn't talked mean of her on Facebook and behind her back. Yet I know that I won't forget her and I will forever have a burning fury towards her because, even though Alice* forgave them, I won't ever forgive those that hurt my friend.

Guess it has a happier ending towards the end, but the point is that I regret that even after an entire year. I can't help it. I regret everything that happens that's bad. And if I don't tell someone, I'll have it on my chest forever. I have an elephant's memory, as I've said before. So, I think it'll be good to get this out of my mind...

-Melody
-This is ME

No comments:

Post a Comment