Friday, November 18, 2011

Views on Society

I am so sorry that I did not post for an entire week. I meant to, really, but my stepdad was on Call of Duty and I'm not allowed to cause lag. Let's talk about this topic since I don't want you to think I'm just making up excuses.

I was supposed to write a paper on my views on a certain topic. I had a list of topics to choose from, and I was originally going to write about society. I found my views were not enough for a page and a half, so I switched to aging. Yet I want to write my views on society anyway because of the book we are writing it for, Tuesdays with Morrie.

In my eyes, society is very messed up.  I think that it could be better. The government wants to "protect" kids from what is happening out in the world. No, they want to do it overall. So, they allow kids to cuss and yell at their parents, but the most that the adults can do is ground them, take away their cell phone, or remove Call of Duty for a month or two. Why? Because spanking a child is now child abuse. I'm only fourteen, yes. However, I think that spanking should be allowed. Don't think I'm for child abuse, but I know that if I was at risk of a spanking every time I lied or did something bad, I would never do it. Why? Because just the thought of the pain would scare me.

When my mother grew up, she would have liquid soap put into her mouth when she cussed because there wans't bar soap at her house. It was the worst thing ever, I imagine.

My math teacher actually told me that she got slapped the first time she cussed. But she never did it again.

So, why is it that they want to protect children when the child won't learn from the protection? They'll just do bad things again. Yet it's the government's choice. I think it should be the parent's choice, but whatever. It's not my place to speak. I'm just a fourteen-year-old freshman waiting to turn fifteen in January.

For this post's goal, why not give your view on society? I could have gone on for a while longer, but I don't want to annoy you. And remember, it's always optional!

-Melody
        -This is Me
                -Who are You?

No comments:

Post a Comment